How to add another Gmail account
Gmail serves as one of the world’s most used email services up to date. Since Gmail is one of many Google’s SaaS vastly linked with other services like Google Drive, YouTube, Photos, etc. it is a handy to have a Gmail account in place.
Android, a subsidiary of Google, requires an active Gmail account to run. You will need to add a Gmail account on every new Android device to start using it to its full potential. Your Google Play store and other services offered by the Android platform all depend on the use of your Gmail account.
Here I shall teach you, how to add another Gmail account to your Android Phone before that let us see how to add a Gmail account to Android Phone.
Add Gmail Account to a New Android Phone
You can follow these steps to add a Gmail account to a brand-new Android phone when you boot it up for the first time.
- When you turn on your Android phone for the first time, you will have to choose an active Wi-Fi network to set up your phone for usage.
- Once you enter the necessary credentials of the Wi-Fi network, i.e.; the username and password, the phone will ask you to enter a Gmail ID.
- If you already have a Gmail ID, you can add it here directly. You will also get a link on your screen to make a new Gmail account in case you do not already have a Gmail ID.
- Once you have entered the correct Gmail ID, the phone will ask you for the password linked to the particular account.
- On entering the correct password, you have successfully added the Gmail account to your phone. You can now easily import important data like contacts and pictures quickly on a stable and fast Wi-Fi network.
Add Gmail Account to a Previously Set-up Android Phone
In case you do not have a stable Wi-Fi connection while setting up the device for the first time, you can skip the process and add a Gmail account later. After you have secured a good cellular data connection or Wi-Fi network, you can use the following steps to add the Gmail account to your phone.
- Open the settings on your phone. You can either find the settings icon in the menu or by dropping down the notification bar from the top of the screen.
- Now, navigate to the Account settings in the menu.
- Once you open the Account settings, you can see all the different accounts linked to your phone. On scrolling down, you can see an option ‘+Add Account.’ Choose this option.
- Now you will see the Gmail logo listed with the name Exchange, Google, Personal (IMAP), or Personal (POP3) in the long list. Select either one of these options.
- Enter the Gmail ID and password, when prompted to do so.
- After entering the correct details, you will get the option to select the various Google services that you would like to use from the account.
- Choose Mail as one of the options along with the other services that you wish to link.
- Once added, you can access the new Gmail account from the side navigation menu on the Gmail application on your phone.
- You can swap between the multiple Gmail accounts on your phone using this side navigation menu on the Gmail application.
Professionals prefer using Gmail too since it offers a neat intuitive interface without advertisements for free. Moreover, the Gmail service is available on most of the smart devices as a neat application that does not pose any problem.