Looking for Antivirus Apps to clean your Android Mobile? start from here – Android is the most popular operating system for smartphones and tablets worldwide with over 85% customer base. Although a secured OS, virus removal in Android is always a cause for concern. Experts allege that Android viruses are very rare; however, they exist. The main source of Android virus is dodgy apps. To secure your mobile phones, use Google Play Store only. However, despite taking all preventive measures, if your Android phone still is infected with malware, you can run it in Safe Mode.
If needed, remove the administrator status of the malicious app and uninstall it. Before initiating the process of virus removal in Android, note that Android smartphones and tablets generally do not have a virus. What you see is an ad that tries to convince you that your mobile is infected and you must download an app to prevent it.
What is the Source of Android Virus?
- The leading source of Android virus is an app and its source. This implies to all the viruses affecting Android devices in the past such as Ghost Trojan, Gunpoder, Godless, and Googlian. Mazar, on the other hand, is a virus that sneaks in through text message prompting users to download the infected Tor browser.
- The FalseGuide botnet malware is another Android virus that enters devices through the illegal apps for FIFA and Pokemon Go. Once you install it, it converts into silent botnets commonly used as adware.
According to Checkpoint, such viruses pass through Google’s defenses due to their non-malicious behavior. Users, however, should be suspicious when they receive a request for admin permission, which is not required for apps. Once you allow the app, you cannot delete it.There may be various purposes of Android apps – some are designed to run the malicious process, to steal personal data, and download dodgy software.
Antivirus App for Android Phones
The need of antivirus for Android phones is increasing with the rise in the use of smartphones. Also, cybersecurity threats are increasing on the internet every day. We cannot ignore the fact that browsing the internet attracts a lot of viruses and spyware. It is a good idea to keep an antivirus for Android phones installed on your device to prevent data theft.
Nearly all of us save several pieces of sensitive and confidential passwords our smartphones. While a fingerprint lock or a pattern protection prevents physical theft of data from the device, it cannot prevent theft via a hack. It is crucial that you maintain a clean environment on your smartphone using an antivirus for Android phones so that no virus, spyware or malware steals and transmits your data. In this post I’m not only giving you list of best Antivirus Apps, but also other ways to clean your mobile phone from Virus and other Malwares affecting your phone.
1. Best Antivirus App to Scan Malicious Apps and Corrupt Files
Android has an open source policy that makes it vulnerable to manipulators. There are innumerable antivirus apps in the Google Play Store, which you can use for security reasons. However, no antivirus provides 100% security. For assured virus removal in Android, use an antivirus app that provides virus and web protection, app lock features and real-time app protection. You can also remove malware and Trojans using the most efficient antivirus apps like CM Security and Avast.
Using Antivirus can find the virus in your mobile or tablet and delete them or move them to the chest, these antivirus applications are only 90% trusted and you have to update your antivirus database frequently, given below are the some of the best antivirus software in Android play store. You can download any one of the below and remove the virus from your Android mobile or tablets.
Here, I will list down the top antivirus apps for Android phones available for free on the Google Play Store.
Avast mobile security is a one-stop solution for all your mobile security. It provides protection against the most common mobile viruses as harmful software. It also checks each file that you download on the device. In case of a potential threat, it automatically puts the file under quarantine for safety.
Other important features that make the application stand out from the crowd include in-app locking, one-touch scan as well as call blocker. The application is available for free. However, it features advertisements which can be removed by paying a small premium fee.
The McAfee security application comes pre-installed with several mobile devices. Almost all the new Lenovo smartphones and tablets come with the McAfee premium version application for free. The application features a very intuitive interface that is easy to use with a one-click scan for the device.
The application also allows you to remotely lock the device and take a picture of the thief, in case it is stolen by someone. The premium version of the application also entitles you to a free support by the McAfee customer care.
After excelling at creating comprehensive antivirus systems for laptops and desktops, Kaspersky has brought the antivirus for the mobile platform. The lite and small version of the application ensures that the day to day performance of your device stays unaffected. The application comes pre-installed with malicious site checker that prevents you from accessing potentially dangerous websites on your phone.
The Norton security application is one of the best-automated antivirus tools for a mobile device. An important feature of the application allows you to unlock the device with an SMS in case you forget the password.
You get a free 30-day premium trial version in which you can enjoy using the application for free. However, after the end of this period, you need to pay a small premium to enjoy the ad-lite version.
The Avira mobile antivirus receives constant updates from the app’s developers. The application’s virus database is updated on a daily basis to ensure that your device is safe against latest potential threats. You can scan both the internal as well as the external memory of your smartphone/tablet using this application.
Installing a good antivirus for Android phone keeps your device safe from potential threats of hacks. Several antivirus applications can hinder the overall performance and internet speed of your device. However, the applications on this list are devised in a lite mode to ensure that your Android phone handles them perfectly. Updating your phone with the latest Android updates is also a good idea to keep the potential threats at an arm’s length.
2. Reboot the Mobile/Tablet in Safe Mode
In order to remove the virus and/or malware from your Android device, try to boot the device in Safe Mode. When opened in Safe Mode, only the default apps are present while downloaded apps are not visible.
Steps to Follow for Versions up to Android 4.4
- Switch off the Android device
- Now switch it on by pressing and holding the volume down key
- Your device opens in Safe Mode (a transparent logo appears on the screen)
Steps to Follow for Android 5.0 and above
- Long press the power key to turn off the device
- Press power off
- You are given the option to reboot in Safe Mode.
- Tap OK and enter Safe Mode.
While staying in Safe Mode, check the device functioning. If your device is working perfectly, you have to reboot the device. Switch on the device in normal mode and uninstall the suspicious third-party app(s).
Method#3: Remove Administrator Permission and Access to Uninstall Malicious Apps
It often happens that unknowingly you grant administrator permission to dangerous apps. Such apps start interfering with the normal functions of the device. Moreover, you cannot uninstall the app until you successfully revoke administrative access.
Steps to follow
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Select the option ‘Security’
- Look for ‘Device Administrators’
- If you see any malicious app having access, you must ‘Deactivate’ it immediately
- Uninstall the app
Once you successfully revoke administrator access, you can uninstall the app and remove the virus completely from your device. Reboot the phone after uninstalling the app.
Method #4: Factory Reset your Mobile or Tablet:
My best advice for you is to do a factory reset, Just backup your contacts and some important files to some secure area or to your PC and then do a reset and then restore your contacts and files.
Is It Possible to Avoid Android Malware and Viruses?
Yes, it is.
- Firstly, do not install apps from any other source. Only download from Google Play Store. In fact, you should ensure that files and apps from other sources could not be downloaded on your device. Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Source Option > Disable.
- Although 99% Google apps are safe, malicious codes are often hidden within the apps. You should avoid downloading cloned apps from unknown sources and developers.
- Regardless of the source of the app, make sure you check app permissions before installing it. Never allow any app admin permission that prevents deleting the app.
- Always ensure that your Android OS is updated to the latest version. Check updates frequently so that virus definition and other technical issues are updated and fixed timely.
- Install an Android antivirus for virus removal in Android. Although it is not mandatory, it does give you the much-needed peace of mind. Try BitDefender.
- Clean up the Junk Folder of your device regularly, including the cache. While most Android phones have a pre-installed app to clean the system, you can try Ccleaner for a better Common Causes of Concern (Virus Removal)
If your Android phone is infected, certainly there are risks. Android infected apps would do at least one, if not more, of the following:
- Collect your GPS coordinates, contact list, email addresses and personal data, and send it to third parties
- Record your phone conversations and send it to attackers
- Send text messages to numbers with premium rate
- Subscribe your infected phone to premium services
- Take control over the device
- Download other infectious apps and malware
- Deliver Push Notification Ad alerts
- Insert Icon Ads onto the Start Screen of the phone
Unfortunately, if none of these steps help in complete virus removal in Android, you have to reset your phone. Only Factory Reset would clear up all malware on the device. Of course, that means you would lose all your precious data, including contacts, emails, photos, videos etc.