Move Apps to SD Card in Android Phones
Are you running out of memory on your Android phone? If so, you should move apps to SD card. Most of the applications that you install occupy the limited storage space on your phone’s internal memory. All smartphones carry a limited amount of internal memory that is non-upgradeable. Therefore, if your phone supports an SD card slot, you can always put in a memory stick with a large memory to store important stuff on it.
When you move apps to SD card you will free up a considerable amount of memory on your device. This way, your device will perform better since it will have a larger room to operate for storing the temporary files. Here, I shall guide you with the ways to help move apps to SD card quickly.
Note: You will need to install a memory card on your device to carry out this procedure. You should also have the minimum space free on the SD card to move the application successfully depending on the size of the application.
Method 1 – Move Apps to SD Card Using Inbuilt Features
Some smartphones allow you to move the applications to external memory (SD Card) as soon as you install them.
- Download a new application from Google Play Store.
- When the download and installation of the application are complete, you will receive a pop-up message on your screen that will ask you if you wish to move the application to SD card.
- Choose OK or Yes to allow the device to move the application automatically to SD card.
Method 2 – Use Android Assistant Application
- Download and install the Android Assistant application on your phone from the Google Play store.
- On checking out the options on the application, you can see a feature named App 2 SD.
- Click this option to see the list of applications that you can move to the SD card.
- Select all the applications that you wish to move and tap on Move to finish moving all the applications at one go.
Method 3 – Use File/App Manager Tool on Your Phone
Most branded smartphones come pre-installed with a phone manager application. In case you cannot find the phone/file manager application in the app drawer, you can always use this method via settings on the android phone.
- Open the settings drawer on your phone. You can find the settings options by swiping down the notification bar on your home screen and clicking on the gear-shaped You can also look for the settings application on your app drawer.
- Now, go to Applications in the settings menu.
- You will see a list of all the different applications on your phone. Now, choose the application that you wish to move to the SD card. Choose the application that consumes the most amount of space in case you wish to free up a lot of internal memory.
- Click on storage option in the application settings for the particular application.
- Now, you will see that the application is installed on the internal memory of the device. Tap the Change button and select the microSD card to finish moving the application.
Now, you need to keep in mind that not all applications are movable to the SD card. Under such circumstances, you have no other option but to keep the application on your phone’s internal memory. To free a little bit of space on your phone regardless, you can clean the cache of the applications frequently. However, keep in mind that cleaning the cache will delete all the app data.